This week I've been making a big mess in the kitchen trying out different recipes for flapjacks that I can use on the water this weekend for my race. I am lactose intolerant so I can't have normal flapjacks. So here goes...
- 6 tbsp of honey
- 6 tbs of melted coconut oil
- 9 tbsp of oats
- Handful of raisins
- Handful of chopped mixed nuts
How to make them:
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
- Grease a small baking dish with coconut oil/or use baking paper (we never have any!!)
- Mix the oats, raisins and nuts in a bowl (you can add some cinnamon as well if you want!)
- Next heat the honey and coconut oil in a large saucepan until its starts to boil.
- Add the oats mixture in to the honey and coconut oil
- Mix well until all combine, it will be quite crumbly.
- Next spoon all the mixture into the baking dish and press down hard with the back of a spoon, (this is important so it all sticks together!)
- Now shove it in the oven for 25 minutes and sit back, relax and have a nice mug of tea!
- Wait for them to cool completely before trying to cut them